Updated due date 5/6/2022
About the Summer Fellows Program
Spend the summer working with leading biomedical scientists.
Established in 1978, The Lundquist Institute’s Summer Fellowship Program is designed to encourage graduating high school seniors and high school juniors to explore careers in the field of biomedical science. Students in the program will:
- Spend eight weeks participating in a virtual curriculum, featuring lectures and presentations by our world-renowned faculty.
- Participate in study groups in a mentored research project, culminating in the presentation at the end of the program to peers, family, and research community during the final week of the program, and receive Certificates of Achievement.
Students will participate in research areas such as:
|Cancer||Interventional Preventive Cardiology||Neuroscience|
|Clinical and Outcomes Research||Metabolic Disorders||Psychiatric Disorders|
|COPD/Pulmonary Rehabilitation||Neonatology||Regenerative Medicine/Stem Cells|
|Genetics/Genomics/Personalized Medicine||Nephrology||Reproductive Health|
|Infectious Diseases||Neurological Disorders||Vascular Disease and Hypertension|
Fellowship Period and Amount of Funding
Fellowships begin on Monday, June 13, 2022 and continue through Friday, August 5, 2022.
Students will be selected on the basis of merit. In order to be eligible for consideration, a student must meet the following:
- Current enrollment in high school in the United States.
- Current enrollment as a high school senior graduating in 2022, or a high school junior graduating in 2023.
- Demonstrated outstanding general academic achievement with particular focus on science coursework.
- Ability to participate full-time in all program activities during the eight-week period (June 13, 2022 through August 5, 2022, generally from 8 AM to 5 PM). College tours/orientations and vacations should be scheduled so as to avoid any conflicts.
Please contact the Education Office at email@example.com if you anticipate a conflict with any of the dates or program requirements as listed above.
NOTICE: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the 2022 Summer Fellows Program will continue to be conducted virtually, with the possibility of on-campus positions and stipends.