Due Date: 3/31/2024
About the High School Summer Fellows Program
Spend the summer working with leading biomedical scientists.
Established in 1978, The Lundquist Institute’s High School Summer Fellows Program is designed to encourage rising high school juniors and seniors to explore careers in the field of biomedical science. Students in the program will:
- Spend eight weeks participating in hands-on training with our world-renowned faculty.
- Conduct an intensive research project, culminating with a presentation at the end of the program to peers, family, and the research community.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion, as well as a competitive stipend.
Students will participate in research areas such as:
|Interventional Preventive Cardiology
|Clinical and Outcomes Research
|Regenerative Medicine/Stem Cells
|Development and Diseases
|Vascular Disease and Hypertension
|Women's and Children's Health
High School Summer Fellows Program Period
Fellowships begin on Monday, June 10, 2024, and continue through Friday, August 2, 2024.
All student applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment as a high school junior or senior in Fall 2024.
- Demonstrated outstanding general academic achievement with a particular focus on science coursework.
- Ability to participate in all program activities as required during the eight weeks (Monday, June 10, 2024, through Friday, August 2, 2024, generally from 8 AM to 5 PM).
- No more than three absences total are permitted throughout the duration of the program. College tours/orientations and vacations should be scheduled to avoid any conflicts. If an absence from program participation is required, the student must contact the Office of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certificates of Completion will be awarded to all participants at the end of the program and upon the fulfillment of all requirements. This includes attendance to all summer program lectures, on-site lab participation, completion and return of the annual program survey, and no more than three absences for the duration of the program. Additionally, High School Summer Fellows Program participants will be awarded a stipend.
Please contact the Office of Education at email@example.com if you anticipate a conflict with any of the dates or program requirements listed above.
The following materials must be submitted by the application deadline of March 31, 2024:
- 2024 High School Summer Fellows Program Student Online Application Form.
- Official high school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers, preferably science teachers.
Applications, transcripts, and letters of recommendation can be:
- Submitted online.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail by the deadline of March 31, 2024:
The Lundquist Institute
Office of Education
1124 West Carson Street, MRL Building
Torrance, CA 90502-2064