Watch the Summer Fellows Program 2020 Culmination Ceremony
About the Summer Fellows Program
Spend the summer working with leading biomedical scientists.
Established in 1978, The Lundquist Institute’s Summer Fellowship Program is designed to encourage graduating high school seniors and high school juniors to explore careers in the field of biomedical science. Students in the program will:
- Spend eight weeks gaining laboratory or clinical research experience under the mentorship of The Lundquist Institute's Investigators.
- Interact with MDs, PhD investigators, Research Associates, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Participate in weekly lecture series presented by world-renowned faculty.
- Attend additional institutional lectures, departmental conferences, and lab meetings.
- Present their summer research to peers, family, and research community during the final week of the program, and receive Certificates of Achievement.
Students will participate in research areas such as:
|Cancer||Interventional Preventive Cardiology||Neuroscience|
|Clinical and Outcomes Research||Metabolic Disorders||Psychiatric Disorders|
|COPD/Pulmonary Rehabilitation||Neonatology||Regenerative Medicine/Stem Cells|
|Genetics/Genomics/Personalized Medicine||Nephrology||Reproductive Health|
|Infectious Diseases||Neurological Disorders||Vascular Disease and Hypertension|
Fellowship Period and Amount of Funding
Fellowships begin on Monday, June 14, 2021 and continue through Friday, August 6, 2021. Students will work full-time and receive a total stipend of $2,200 for uninterrupted participation in the program.
Students will be selected on the basis of merit. In order to be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Current enrollment in a Los Angeles County or Orange County high school.
- Current enrollment as a high school senior graduating in 2021, or a high school junior graduating in 2022.
- Demonstrated outstanding general academic achievement with particular focus on science coursework.
- Ability to participate full-time in all program activities during the eight-week period (June 14, 2021 through August 6, 2021, generally from 8 AM to 5 PM). College tours/orientations and vacations should be scheduled so as to avoid any conflicts.
Please contact the Education Office at email@example.com if you anticipate a conflict with any of the dates or program requirements as listed above.
Applications for the Summer 2021 will begin Winter 2021.