Eduard H Panosyan, MD
Investigator, The Lundquist Institute
Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Research DescriptionDr. Panosyan is the Chief of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Division at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center providing comprehensive care for children with blood and neoplastic diseases. He is the Principal Investigator of Children’s Oncology Group (COG) at LA BioMed/HUMC. His current clinical research focuses on enrollment of pediatric oncology patients for COG registration and therapeutic studies. He is also Medical Director of CCS Specialty Care Center at HUMC for pediatric patients with Sickle Cell Disease, and is involved in Hematology clinical research. Dr. Panosyan’s basic science research interests are in the area of neuro-oncology – particularly exploration of anti-metabolic strategies targeting amino-acids for brain tumor therapeutics development.
- MD, 1997, Yerevan State Medical University, Armenia
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- Sanghez V, Chen M, Li S, Chou TF, Iacovino M, Lin HJ, Lasky JL and Panosyan EH. Efficacy of Asparaginase Erwinia chrysanthemi With and Without Temozolomide Against Glioma Cells and Intracranial Mouse Medulloblastoma. Anticancer Res. 2018 May;38(5):2627-2634. PMID: 29715082.
- Panosyan E, Lin HJ, Koster J, Lasky JL. In search of druggable targets for GBM amino acid metabolism. BMC Cancer 2017. 17:162.
- Panosyan E, Lasky J, Lin H, Lai A, Hai Y, Guo X, Quinn M, Nelson SF, Cloughesy T, Nghiemphu P. “Clinical Aggressiveness of Malignant Gliomas is linked to Augmented Metabolism of Amino Acids”. J Neurooncol. 2016 Feb 27. [Epub ahead of print] PMID:26922345
- Panosyan EH, Wang Y, Xia P, Lee PW, Pak Y, Laks DR, Lin HJ, Moore TB, Cloughesy TF, Kornblum HI, and Lasky JL. Asparagine Depletion Potentiates the Cytotoxic Effect of Chemotherapy Against Brain Tumors. Molecular Cancer Research, 2014 Feb 6 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID 24505127.
- Lasky JL 3rd, Panosyan EH, Plant A, Davidson T, Yong WH, Prins RM, Liau LM, Moore TB. Autologous Tumor Lysate-pulsed Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Pediatric Patients with Newly Diagnosed or Recurrent High-grade Gliomas. Anticancer Res. 2013 May;33(5):2047-56. PMID: 23645755
- Panosyan EH, Ikeda AK, Chang V, Laks DR, Reeb CL, Bowles LV, Lasky JL 3rd, Moore TB (2011), High-Dose Chemotherapy with Autologous Hematopoietic Stem-Cell Rescue (AHSCR) for Pediatric Brain Tumor Patients, a single institution experience from UCLA. J Transplant. 2011:740673. PMCID: PMC3087896.
- Visnyei K, Onodera H, Damoiseaux R, Saigusa K, Petrosyan S, De Vries D, Ferrari D, Saxe J, Panosyan EH, Masterman-Smith M, Mottahedeh J, Bradley KA, Huang J, Sabatti C, Nakano I, Kornblum HI (2011), A molecular screening approach to identify and characterize inhibitors of glioblastoma stem cells, Mol Cancer Ther, 10(10):1818-1828. PMCID: PMC3191241.
- Panosyan EH, Laks DR Masterman-Smith M, Mottahedeh J, Yong WH, Cloughesy TF, Lazareff JA, Mischel PS, Moore TB, Kornblum HI (2010), Clinical Outcome in Pediatric Glial and Embryonal Brain Tumors Correlates with In Vitro Multi-passageable Neurosphere Formation, Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 55:644-651. PMID: 20589659.
- Sun J, Masterman-Smith MD, Graham NA, Jiao J, Mottahedeh J, Laks DR, Ohashi M, Dejesus J, Kamei K, Lee KB, Wang H, Yu ZT, Lu YT, Hou S, Li K, Liu M, Zhang N, Wang S, Angenieux B, Panosyan E, Samuels ER, Park J, Williams D, Konkankit V, Nathanson D, van Dam RM, Phelps ME, Wu H, Liau LM, Mischel PS, Lazareff JA, Kornblum HI, Yong WH, Graeber TG, Tseng HR (2010), A microfluidic platform for systems pathology: multiparameter single-cell signaling measurements of clinical brain tumor specimens, Cancer Research, 70(15):6128-6138. PMCID: PMC3163840.
- Avramis IA, Panosyan EH, Dorey F, Holcenberg JS, Avramis VI; Children's Oncology Group. Correlation between high vascular endothelial growth factor-A serum levels and treatment outcome in patients with standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report from Children's Oncology Group Study CCG-1962. Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Dec 1;12(23):6978-84. PMID: 17145817.