William French, MD
Investigator, The Lundquist Institute
Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Director, Anticoagulation Clinic, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Patient Outcomes
Research DescriptionDr. William French’s research interests are in clinical trials: Registry databases for Myocardial Infarction, Acute Coronary Syndrome, and outcomes research in prehospital and EMS care of STEMI heart attack patients as well as cardiac disease outcomes. In addition, randomized controlled trials involving use of antiplatelet and anticoagulation agents, statin and diabetic strategies in acute myocardial infarction. Additional research involves interventional cardiology devices in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory.
- MD, 1968, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- Vora AN, Holmes DN, Rokos I, Roe MT, Granger CB, French WJ, Antman E, Henry TD, Thomas L, Bates ER, Wang TY. Fibrinolysis use among patients requiring interhospital transfer for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction care: a report from the US National Cardiovascular Data Registry. JAMA Intern Med. 2015 Feb;17
- Reddy VS, Bui QT, Jacobs JR, Begelman SM, Miller DP, French WJ; Investigators of National Registry of Myocardial Infarction (NRMI) 4b–5. Relationship between serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and in-hospital mortality following acute myocardial infarction (the lipid paradox Am J Cardiol. 2015 Mar 1).
- Bosson N, Kaji AH, Niemann JT, Squire Md B, Eckstein M, French WJ, Rashi P, Tadeo R, Koenig W. The Utility of Prehospital ECG Transmission in a Large EMS System. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2015 Apr 22.
- Anderson LL, French WJ, Peng SA, Vora AN, Henry TD, Roe MT, Kontos MC, Granger CB, Bates ER, Hellkamp A, Wang TY. Direct Transfer From the Referring Hospitals to the Catheterization Laboratory to Minimize Reperfusion Delays for Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Insights From the National Cardiovascular Data Registry. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2015 Sep
- Thomas JL, French WJ. Current State of ST-Segment Myocardial Infarction: Evidence-based Therapies and Optimal Patient Outcomes in Advanced Systems of Care. Heart Fail Clin. 2016 Jan ADD PAGES, ETC 162-167
- Sung G, Bosson N, Kaji AH, Eckstein M, Shavelle D, French WJ, Thomas JL, Koenig W, Niemann JT. Therapeutic Hypothermia After Resuscitation From a Non-Shockable Rhythm Improves Outcomes in a Regionalized System of Cardiac Arrest Care. Neurocrit Care. 2016 Feb
- Bosson N, Kaji AH, Fang A, Thomas JL, French WJ, Shavelle D, Niemann JT. Sex Differences in Survival From Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in the Era of Regionalized Systems and Advanced Post-Resuscitation Care. 2016 Sep
- Kontos MC, Wang TY, Chen AY, Bates ER, Dauerman HL, Henry TD, Manoukian SV, Roe MT, Suter R, Thomas L, French WJ. The effect of high-risk ST elevation myocardial infarction transfer patients on risk-adjusted in-hospital mortality: A report from the American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline program. 2016 Oct
- Lange DC, Rokos IC, Larson DC, Sharkey SW, French WJ, Koenig WJ, Henry TD. A Decade of Progress in Regional ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Systems of Care: A Tale of Two Cities. 2016
- Bosson N, Sanko S, Stickney RE, Niemann J, French WJ, Jollis JG, Kontos MC, Taylor TG, Macfarlane PW, Tadeo R, Koenig W, Eckstein M. Causes of Prehospital Misinterpretations of ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction. 2016 Nov