Ruey-Kang Chang, MD
Investigator, The Lundquist Institute
Professor in Residence of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Chief, Division of Pediatric Cardiology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- BlueBox -- a complete code blue data recorder. Funded by the National Institute of General Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Asthmagram: objective assessment of asthma symptoms in children. Funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health.
- ECG Device for LQTS Screening in Newborns, Phase II. Funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health.
- Chang R-KR, Lan YT, Silka MJ, Morrow H, Kwong A, Smith-Lang J, Wallerstein R, Lin HJ. Genetic variants for long QT syndrome among infants and children with sensorineural hearing loss. Journal of Pediatrics 2014 Mar;164(3):590-595.e1-3.
- Sakai Bizmark R, Chang R-KR, Tsugawa Y, Zangwill KM, Kawachi I.Impact of AHA's 2007 guideline change on incidence of infective endocarditis in infants and children. Am Heart J. 2017;189:110-119.
Dr. Ruey Kang Chang Discusses Pulse Oximeter on American Health Journal
Ruey-Kang Chang MD Discusses SIDS Monitor
Medical device, health services research, outcomes studies
Research DescriptionDr. Chang believes that medical care for children and clinical outcomes can be improved with devices designed specifically for pediatric use. His research focus is on pediatric medical device. He developed the world’s most compact, wireless, digital electrocardiogram (ECG) for infants for screening of a deadly disease call long QT syndrome. He founded a company QT Medical, Inc. to commercialize the ECG device and services. Dr. Chang invented a wearable smart device for children with asthma. This device, called Asthmagram, will help pediatricians to provide more precise and targeted care of children with different types and severities of asthma.
- MD, 1991, National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei
- MPH, 1993, University of California, Los Angeles, CA